Friday, August 8, 2008

Seniors and their RVs

I took off from work early last week. I decided to go camping in the Columbia River Gorge with my little trailer. Everyone knows I love to spend the weekends camping in my little fiberglass trailer.

The reason I left town early was because I knew I was going to be going to a first come, first serve campground. I figured if I arrived a day before the weekend I'd beat all the city campers for a good spot.
Boy was I surprised. I showed up and there were tons of people already there. What I found interesting was the majority of them were Seniors. All in different types of RVs touring the states.

I met a couple from California, Arizona, even saw one vehicle from Wisconsin. I was very envious.


Two of the campsites I visited with last weekend were very enjoyable to talk too. Both told me that part of their retirement involves touring the United States 4-6 months of the year. How great is that? I know when I get to retirement age I want to do the same sort of thing. Not sure if it will be in the same little trailer, but I know that's what I want to be doing.

If you are looking for a great place in the Gorge to camp or take your RV, visit the Viento State Park. Nice thing about this park is its less than 10 miles from shopping and dining in Hood River. Its truly a great place to get away and relax but not too far into the sticks.

Are you retired and own an RV, but a tight budget makes it hard to use it as much as you would like?

If thats the case, then please Contact Me for some possible options to make those dreams of hitting the open road become a reality.

No comments: